Monday, May 20, 2013

Oh Weather...

So the weather here has been miserable.  I can handle constant rain and I can handle constant heat. But what I can't handle is rain followed by humid sunshine. Over and over again throughout the day. It's impossible to know which one you're going to get before heading out to the barn.

While I know Murphy would walk with me to the barn in the rain I don't really want him to be grumpy. Just because I would be happy grooming him for an hour as rain pounds against the metal roof, doesn't mean Murphy would appreciate it at all. In fact, from previous experience, he is very sensitive to the sound of rain on metal. So, I'm just here waiting for the rain to stop. I can't even get any pictures! Maybe by the time the rain stops he will look less like a furry monster and more like... a horse!

I had planned to announce our foray into dressage with an amazing post of pictures and (maybe) video, but the weather gods have denied me once again. But you heard it here, we're learning dressage! Murphy loves it! Until he gets tired... then it's back to the grumpy ole Murph I know and love.

It's already been a challenge coming from a hunter background. I still want to perch in my saddle, but luckily our dressage saddle makes that very difficult. Murphy is definitely responding well to the new stuff. My college roommate (who events) wants me to event with her... HAH! The thought of pointing Murphy at a very solid obstacle in a field is hilarious at best.

This is a very rambly post, but does anyone even read this? Nope. So I can talk about whatever I want! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment